Road Call Forum
Welcome to Road Call.
Road Call Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mail System

Go down

Mail System Empty Mail System

Post by Badinfluence63 Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:34 am

Is FUBAR’d down here. Early this year i mailed an important tax document 2-16-2021. CPA said he didnt get letter but looks like he has everything. So he processes tax returns. In the mean time the CPA gets said lost document 3-24-2022. He doesnt tell me till 5-4-2021 and i had till the next week to mail an additional $1500!! Which I was just coming back from harley shop that very day of the call, having spent that much because i thought my taxes were done. EPIC FAIL. the CPA secretary was the sh*tty culprit.

Then Wednesday i walked out to the mailbox because civilian mail car was just sitting there. I get to the car and here is this humongeously fat black lady sitting on the other side of the car (her body took up every bit if not more of that 1/2 of the seat). Shes struggling to get the mail. Says i have a package in the back seat…”help yourself”. So i open the back door, handle a couple 2-3 packages till i found mine. That sure leaves room for a POS to help themselves?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hundreds-fedex-packages-are-found-alabama-woods-n1284809
Badinfluence63
Badinfluence63

Back to top Go down

Mail System Empty Re: Mail System

Post by Doc Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:32 pm

The funeral home allegedly mailed my MIL’s death certificates to us last week. We still haven’t gotten them this week?
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Louisville Joe Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Doc wrote:The funeral home allegedly mailed my MIL’s death certificates to us last week. We still haven’t gotten them this week?
The mail system has been going downhill for some time now.  It's not unusual anymore for me to see mail being delivered on our street at 7 PM.  And maybe every 2 weeks or so there is a day we don't get mail delivered.  The PO says sometimes they just don't have anybody to cover our route on those days.
Louisville Joe
Louisville Joe

Flying Tiger and Badinfluence63 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badinfluence63 Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:41 pm

Indian Joe wrote:
Doc wrote:The funeral home allegedly mailed my MIL’s death certificates to us last week. We still haven’t gotten them this week?
The mail system has been going downhill for some time now.  It's not unusual anymore for me to see mail being delivered on our street at 7 PM.  And maybe every 2 weeks or so there is a day we don't get mail delivered.  The PO says sometimes they just don't have anybody to cover our route on those days.

All true. Use to be honor code..” "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds ”. Now its who gives a *&#+, it’ll get there when it gets there,if it gets there.
Badinfluence63
Badinfluence63

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:21 pm

We get most of our mail delivered to a PO Box in town, along with most of our Amazon purchases. However, we do have a mail box on the street about 1/4th a mile from our house clustered together with other mailboxes and then we do get some large packages delivered to our actual physical address (they usually just drop them off behind our gate), you can’t see our house from the road.
Doc
Doc

Badinfluence63 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesblank Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:29 am

Need to vent on this subject. I get mail delivered maybe twice a week, if I'm lucky. My mail is delivered by a "contract" carrier. I've filed formal complaints with the Post Master, here in town and in San Antonio which is where our mail is channeled thru. 

Standard response "We'll talk to carrier".

Seems if carrier is running late, having a bad day, or just lazy, he takes the mail back to post office and returns it to sender as "undeliverable as addressed" I've had family call to confirm my address when mail was sent back to them. 

Then they wanted proof I wasn't getting mail. So I mailed myself a letter. It was returned as "undeliverable as addressed" with a big yellow sticker. Seems funny they couldn't deliver as addressed but could return it, to the same address. 

So to the post office I go. Post Master says this shouldn't be happening, no sh!t. He couldn't explain how it happened and said he would talk to carrier again. It's a joke. 

Yes, I could get a PO box at post office, but why should I pay for PO box? 

I know it's not just me. My son has a business PO box in Houston for receiving his accounts receivables. He's currently 10 days without receiving any mail. Being a small business, 10 days without receiving and of his receivables is tough. He talked to his local Post Master, response was "we're a little behind, we hope to catch up soon. 

So, San Antonio and Houston mail is jacked up? Is this just a Texas thing are Nation wide issue?
Lesblank
Lesblank
Admin

JLR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Radar Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:37 am

I recall Chaly has had bad problems with the US Mail. 
Our delivery is done through a contractor too.

She’s a peach and hasn’t missed a beat, even when she was going through cancer treatment.
Radar
Radar

JLR and Convince me like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Louisville Joe Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:44 am

Les, I think postal problems are nationwide, probably some areas worse than others.  Folks I talk with who own/run businesses tell horror stories about the problems of getting qualified employees and the USPS is in the same boat.

I go out of my way to avoid using the mail whenever possible.  Most of our bills come in via email, many we get both via an email and also a mailed paper statement--I would rather get them both ways than not get them at all.  And I pay all of our regular monthly bills online or take them to a Walmart Customer Service desk and Walmart uses the CFP (check free pay) system to send our various payments out either MoneyGram or Western Union wire transfer and I can pay Walmart cash, check or cc.  When I do need to mail something I take it to a post office and drop it in a slot INSIDE the post office.  Ain't nothing guaranteed but I will bypass using the mail every time I can.
Louisville Joe
Louisville Joe

Lesblank likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Settertude Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:20 am

We have a hard working and cheery mail lady who does still use a regular postal truck. She is great about walking a too large package up to the covered porch. I make it a point to say hello and thank you.
Good help around here is hard to find, so she deserves reward.
Settertude
Settertude
Admin

https://woodlandclearing.wordpress.com

JLR, Flying Tiger, Louisville Joe and Lesblank like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:21 am

Lesblank wrote:Need to vent on this subject. I get mail delivered maybe twice a week, if I'm lucky. My mail is delivered by a "contract" carrier. I've filed formal complaints with the Post Master, here in town and in San Antonio which is where our mail is channeled thru. 

Standard response "We'll talk to carrier".

Seems if carrier is running late, having a bad day, or just lazy, he takes the mail back to post office and returns it to sender as "undeliverable as addressed" I've had family call to confirm my address when mail was sent back to them. 

Then they wanted proof I wasn't getting mail. So I mailed myself a letter. It was returned as "undeliverable as addressed" with a big yellow sticker. Seems funny they couldn't deliver as addressed but could return it, to the same address. 

So to the post office I go. Post Master says this shouldn't be happening, no sh!t. He couldn't explain how it happened and said he would talk to carrier again. It's a joke. 

Yes, I could get a PO box at post office, but why should I pay for PO box? 

I know it's not just me. My son has a business PO box in Houston for receiving his accounts receivables. He's currently 10 days without receiving any mail. Being a small business, 10 days without receiving and of his receivables is tough. He talked to his local Post Master, response was "we're a little behind, we hope to catch up soon. 

So, San Antonio and Houston mail is jacked up? Is this just a Texas thing are Nation wide issue?

Les, we have a PO Box, in addition to our street mail box. It’s not cheap… but we have most of our mail and packages diverted there. For us, it’s worth it.
Doc
Doc

JLR and Lesblank like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:23 am

Badinfluence63 wrote:Is FUBAR’d down here. Early this year i mailed an important tax document 2-16-2021. CPA said he didnt get letter but looks like he has everything. So he processes tax returns. In the mean time the CPA gets said lost document 3-24-2022. He doesnt tell me till 5-4-2021 and i had till the next week to mail an additional $1500!! Which I was just coming back from harley shop that very day of the call, having spent that much because i thought my taxes were done. EPIC FAIL. the CPA secretary was the sh*tty culprit.

Then Wednesday i walked out to the mailbox because civilian mail car was just sitting there. I get to the car and here is this humongeously fat black lady sitting on the other side of the car (her body took up every bit if not more of that 1/2 of the seat). Shes struggling to get the mail. Says i have a package in the back seat…”help yourself”. So i open the back door, handle a couple 2-3 packages till i found mine. That sure leaves room for a POS to help themselves?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hundreds-fedex-packages-are-found-alabama-woods-n1284809

BI, I know this post was a few years back, but this is why I hand deliver all my tax forms to my tax man in Mineral Wells 200 miles away. I at least know they made it there. We handle everything else email/esign.
Doc
Doc

JLR and Lesblank like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Louisville Joe Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:52 am

Doc, we send all our completed tax forms (with checks when necessary), estimated quarterly tax payments, necessary stuff I gotta send to the Medicaid agency, so forth and so on via CERTIFIED mail that must be received and stamped/completed by a postal worker inside the post office.  Costs maybe 3-4 bucks per envelope but that's cheaper than having to drive 200 miles to hand deliver it.  And we don't pay the additional certified fee that will have them mail us a copy of the signed receipt by whoever accepted the envelope at it's destination.  The certified slip completed and stamped by the postal clerk and given back to you has a tracking number on it and you can verify online what day & time it was delivered.  Good enough for us.
Louisville Joe
Louisville Joe

JLR, Badinfluence63 and Lesblank like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:41 am

Indian Joe wrote:Doc, we send all our completed tax forms (with checks when necessary), estimated quarterly tax payments, necessary stuff I gotta send to the Medicaid agency, so forth and so on via CERTIFIED mail that must be received and stamped/completed by a postal worker inside the post office.  Costs maybe 3-4 bucks per envelope but that's cheaper than having to drive 200 miles to hand deliver it.  And we don't pay the additional certified fee that will have them mail us a copy of the signed receipt by whoever accepted the envelope at its destination.  The certified slip completed and stamped by the postal clerk and given back to you has a tracking number on it and you can verify online what day & time it was delivered.  Good enough for us.

Most years, like this one, I ride my bike there…. A beautiful ride through the hill country both ways.
Doc
Doc

Lesblank likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JLR Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:24 pm

Les,
It's nation wide. We have some nice people working locally, but somewhere things get really messed up.  Jan sent a package around Christmas time. According to the tracking it took 3 days to leave the local P.O. The it got to Sanford where it Sat for 3 more days. Then out the next center, the Sanford again. We wrote the P.O. and they said it's in a loop and they can't locate it. Well send it back. Nope can't find it to send back.  Jans niece sent her a birthday card 3 weeks ago and we don't have it yet.

DEI hires??
JLR
JLR

Settertude likes this post

Louisville Joe and Lesblank dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum